Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To Greece and Back again...

ttleWell, dinner last night was DIVINE. Not sure if everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did (perhaps it was the wine - good choice Anch!), but I'll definitely be back for more.



Set out pretty similar to a typical Greek cafe, the restaurant was casual and simply decorated, in blue and white - true to Greek form. We even sat on plastic blue chairs. The food was divine and a real treat for my Greek-hungry body (ermmm...) I'm still full. And let me not get started on those desserts. By the time they arrived on the table, I'd completely forgotten that I had a camera on my lap - I was too busy tucking in anyway. I'd actually re-visit the place just to have another helping of that absolutely heavenly halva ice cream!!



On the down side, as far as I was concerned, the service wasn't fabulous and Nicky was baptised with a glass of red wine down her back by our waiter. He also didn't rush to refill our glasses. And he wasn't hot. We did, however, have a good break between courses, which also meant that the evening was laid back and not rushed in any way. Also, for Greek food, I didn't think that they'd been overly generous in the garlic department and they substituted pita breads with wraps for our main meal (those of us that had schwarmas), which was disappointing. Still, the meal was delicious...



How many martini's are we supposed to judge our restaurants on? Guessing 5. So, I'd give them a 4. I really enjoyed my evening and it was just what I felt like. I'll defintely be back for more!!

And without further ado, here are some snaps...

We had an honourary guest too - Nicola (Ronnie's sister), who's here on holiday from Scotland...
The wine of choice...

The dessert menu (remember to save space for this next time you visit)...

Halloumi Saganaki - Fried halloumi cheese with a squeeze of lemon and cracked pepper

Spanakopita - Baby leaf spinach and feta phyllo triangles, topped with roasted pumpkin seeds


Battered and fried brinjal & courgettes - this was my starter and i had it with tzatziki. DEVINE...




Ahhh... my main dish. Schwarma Royale - WOW...

Lamb...

Fish skewers...

Chicken kebabs...

Greek style chips. Also divine. Thank goodness we all got a portion, so I didn't have to share mine...

Thanks for a fantastic night out!! Looking forward to our next one!

XXX

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Wow this looks like a fantastic place. The food looks delicious, my mouth is watering !!!! I have not been on here for a while so it was great to read all the interviews, keep having fun girls, can't wait for the next restaurant review. Love Fiona xx

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a student of Geography at the University of Warsaw in
Poland. I'm working on my M.A. thesis about people in South Africa.
And I would like to know what do you think and what are your feelings
about life in SA :) Would you help me? Please :)
Below is link to my survey if you want help me, thank you!
The survey will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1118725

tangobaby said...

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your visit to my blog the other day. And the timing couldn't have been more perfect! I love Greek food, just love it! And I'm going out for dinner tonight...so I know what I'm going to suggest.

This food looks spectacular!